Sunday, August 12, 2007

NCSU MBA orientation

I'm starting the MBA program at North Carolina State University in the fall. I'm in the part-time program at the RTP campus rather than on the main campus in Raleigh. I and about 75 others just completed our orientation - two and a half days of lectures at Nelson Hall on the main campus.

If you've read my blog, you know that my interests are in design and innovation. The NCSU MBA offers a concentration in Innovation Management. When I was researching MBA programs in the area the description of this program, and what I learned from talking to people in the program, sold itself to me. It's exactly what I was looking for in an MBA. I knew that NCSU also has very good human factors and engineering departments, so I'll be able to collaborate with people in those departments as well.

All of the students in the part-time program work full time at companies and already have significant work experience, so I'll be learning from them as well as the instructors. I must admit, I'm pretty excited about getting back to school and learning this material, and networking with professionals who are at the same place I'm at in my career. This is going to be an interesting tw0 and a half years.

No comments: